Wednesday, October 24, 2012

This is me...

I have been married to the most amazing man for over 13 years.  I have known him since I was in middle school where we "dated" for the first time.  He is the only man I have ever loved.  We have 4 great kids who keep us incredibly busy. 

Recently, I approached my DH with the concept of a Domestic Discipline(DD) type relationship and after some assurance from me that this is what I really wanted, he agreed!  We have only been in this for about 3 weeks.  We have had ups and downs as we are adusting to our new roles, but have already seen alot of good changes in our relationship.  You see I have always lead.  I grew up with a "my way or the highway" mentality and didn't leave much room for compromise.  Needless to say this wasn't the best formula for a strong marriage.  Please don't misunderstand me, we did not enter into this to save our dying marriage.  Actually, it's quite the opposite.  Our marriage was good because we have both worked incredibly hard to make it healthy despite all that we have put it through.  We've both made mistakes, but at the end of it all we'd rather be together than apart.  DD is just a tool (one that encompasses our whole life, but a tool nonetheless) we use to make our marriage work better.  It's not for everyone, but sofar it's working for us.  I just told My Love today that DD has allowed me to be who I really am.  Even in the crazy business of our life it gives me a peace and joy I never had before. 

So this is us.  I hope to meet some new people.  Maybe make a few friends and hopefully get lots of advice.



1 comment: